ESA back payments are taking too long to resolve, how do I chase? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA back payments are taking too long to resolve, how do I chase?

Options
mordenof7
mordenof7 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, After waiting since July 2017 I finally won my disability appeal at the HM Courts & Tribunals Service in Ashford on 17 August 2018.
Now, today 17 Oct 2018 after phoning my C.A.B. case representative to check progress, I find that my case has been handed over to a department in Hackney, London, to assess back payments.
This is taking far too long to resolve. Nobody has so far has contacted me by phone or letter regarding the situation, C.A.B., Universal Credit or the D.W.P.
I have phoned these departments but keep being told it is in the hands of the other dept.
Nobody seems interested.
My C.A.B. case representative says she might contact our local M.P. about the situation????

Do I contact 'HM Courts & Tribunals Service' telling them that it seems the DWP are delaying payments?

David

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's nothing to do with HMCTS at this point, it's DWP you need to contact. If they asked for the statement of reasons to see if there were any errors in law then this will have delayed backdated payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @mordenof7!

Really hope this is resolved sooner rather than later. As Poppy says, it's in the DWP's hands now. However, if you did want to consider writing to your MP, there's a useful online tool for doing so. Do keep us updated!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.