Stressed about tribunal wait time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stressed about tribunal wait time

tebby
tebby Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i am so stressed,, just found out my tribunal will take 36 weeks to be heard.no money from esa previous to 3rd september,its a joke,i also  gave a 3 month certificate from doc daying not fit to work

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi tebby, i am not sure about your exact situation but if you have provided a fit note from the date you were originally found fit for work then I would expect ESA arrears to be paid to you from that date.  It may be worth checking what dates are on the fit notes the DWP have?  If dates are not covered, ask your GP for a backdated fit note.  Also, usually you would be paid ESA pending the tribunal hearing and I think you are saying you are getting this, but there are exceptions such as if you have previously failed the assessment without successful challenge, or your appeal is about not attending an assessment for example.  Hopefully none of these apply to you.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• tebby
    tebby Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you for reply,.d w p has said once they get notification frm tribunal that im appealing i will be paid the flat rate of esa until tribunal date which according to them is  a 35 week delay,god knows how many people have had there benefit stopped...sham       e dwp... i followed all of dwp instructions inc going to the medical tribunal.ha ha some assessment.. not.my doc gave 3 month certificate,so will have to keep getting them, the 35 week wait in berkshire is far from a joke.kath                          

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.