I had my pip assessment and just couldn’t remember everything — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my pip assessment and just couldn’t remember everything

Options
Rutg
Rutg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my pip assessment and just couldn’t remember everything. By the end of the assessment I was sobbing In pain by the excersises I couldn’t do.
she was still asking me to move arm stretch it out, I was so distraught.
ive been laid up all weekend in pain crying,depressed, by how I feel and what I have to live with. It’s now 4.40 am and tears are streaming down my face knowing I have to go to work tomorrow and try to manage the pain and my ordeal. I understand they have to this, but I’m laid here thinking why after all we’re going through. I have arthritis in knees, back wrist, bone spurs in my foot, carpal tunnel and after that I think depression. Probably not as bad as some , which Im truly sincere.  Just not sure how to deal with feeling so low and now the wait . Thanks 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello @Rutg Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what has happened.  Thank you for joining and sharing.

You are not alone with what you have been going through.  To reassure you many members of our community can identify what you are going through.

Including myself .

The main thing you are here as a valued member of our community.

We are here to give you support. Advice, information and any guidance.

Please can I ask who is supporting you ? Do you need help with your mental health?

We can help and provide support for your disability.  Have a look at Talk about Specific conditions.  Will be useful.  Lots of posts from similar members, sharing their stories and lots of morale support.

Also look at our Mental health posts and for looking for support for your mental health look on line.

Consider mental health charities.  I have used them and are very much useful and compassionate.  Wealth of knowledge and expertise.

Hope that helps.

Pleasure to help you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rutg welcome to the community!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. As @thespiceman said, are you receiving any emotional support?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rutg

Good Morning I’m so sorry to hear about your current situation.

I’m one off the "Community Champions” here on the site.

I would be very very happy ? in offering both my “help /support”

Please please let me know how you feel????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rutg
    Im sorry to hear you had such a bad time :(

If negative feelings and low moods don't go away, are too much for you to cope with, or are stopping you from carrying on with your normal life, you may need to make some changes and get some extra support.

You can talk to your GP or call NHS 111. Your GP can discuss your symptoms with you and make a diagnosis. There is more information about low moods on the NHS website here.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.