Hi, my name is Billbo!
Billbo
Community Member Posts: 3 Listener
My wife is a wheelchair user, mainly using a Invacare storm 4. I am trying to find a forum or site for people that modify's chairs to make them more user friendly. My wife travels a lot and one big inconvenience is having to carry the big battery charger with her which also counts on her weight allowance on planes. So I built one onto her chair completely weather proof, silent and she can charge on the train at meetings etc easily. I am now working on a phone charger for her chair. I am looking for a forum where I can talk out ideas. any suggestions?
1
Comments
-
Hi @Bilbo
Good to meet you and welcome to the community. I know of a group on Facebook called the wheelchair cafe. We also have this discussion Does your wheelchair meet your needs. It might be worth contacting @RachaelHackOnWheels
1
Categories
- All Categories
- 16.4K Start here and say hello!
- 7.7K Coffee lounge
- 121 Games den
- 1.8K People power
- 214 Announcements and information
- 25.8K Talk about life
- 6.2K Everyday life
- 435 Current affairs
- 2.5K Families and carers
- 899 Education and skills
- 2K Work
- 629 Money and bills
- 3.8K Housing and independent living
- 1.2K Transport and travel
- 678 Relationships
- 1.6K Mental health and wellbeing
- 2.6K Talk about your impairment
- 885 Rare, invisible, & undiagnosed conditions
- 947 Neurological impairments and pain
- 2.3K Cerebral Palsy Network
- 1.3K Autism and neurodiversity
- 41.7K Talk about your benefits
- 6.2K Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- 20.6K PIP, DLA, ADP & AA
- 9.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 5.4K Benefits and income
