ddd degenerate disc desies — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ddd degenerate disc desies

deano5278 Member Posts: 38 Connected
 Hi there I'm sorry I'm not a big talker I'm really trying to see what help is out there I'm 32 years old and was a carpet fitter for 13 years until about nine months ago ago I got put on limited capabilities only , I am parsley deaf in both ears having to were hearing aids with are degenerate and yesterday I got my results back for my back I've been suffering with pain like made alover my back and shoulders my results have come back as follows c5-6 degenerate disc bulge with moderate foraminal stenosis and chronic looking involvement in existing c5 never .
Also t7-8 and t9-10 degenerate disc osteophyte but not spinal stenosis or never compression .
L3-l4 degenerate disc bugle but not nerves or Spinal stenosis. Thank dean


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,464 Disability Gamechanger

    What help are you looking for exactly? If you can be more specific then i'm sure someone will advise further.
  • deano5278
    deano5278 Member Posts: 38 Connected
    Well basically all I have ever worked as is floor layer since leaving army I really unsure what benefits I'm entitled for I've been told to go pip but unsure what I would qualify for I can even walk to my local shop no more with out getting shooting pains in my leg sciatica , and the pain and discomfort of sitting down moving around any part of day with my back shoulders and neck is stupidly pain full when I'm out side or in a crowed I can't hear anyone I'm in cronic pain all the time thus has just worsed of the space of 8 months and now cold weather coming in it all getting even more painful
  • TonyMon
    TonyMon Member Posts: 17 Connected
    You need to apply for PIP & ESA 
  • deano5278
    deano5278 Member Posts: 38 Connected
    Yeah that's great I want to be able to talk to other people with the same problem see how they get on with it and pain relief they think work best n things like that 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,464 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it;s how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

    Evidence will be needed to support a claim and the evidence you need should state how your conditions affect you.

    As you say you're already claiming Limited capability for work is this Universal credit or ESA? If it's UC then you can't claim ESA.

    As for pain relief then you need to speak to your GP about this because people aren't medically qualified to give any advice about medication on an internet forum.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.