Universal credit. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit.

pigeon55
pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
Made application for uc on 12th August 2018. I had medical assessment on 12th October 2018. They decided I had LCWRA and awarded me a payment from 12th October 2018. Is this correct or should I have been payed from date of application.
Strange this as I have been fighting esa back pay after they decided I should be in the wrag group even after going through the appeals court. No justice for disabled.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    UC LCWRA isn't paid for the first 3 months of your claim, so no you won't receive the extra payment from the date of application.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    If LCWRA is not paid for the first  3 months why have I recived it after 2 months as uc is paid in areas.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't answer that question but DWP may. I'm only telling you the rules that i know are correct. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Universal_Credit_Work_Capability_Assessment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.