Help with terrible finances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with terrible finances

les62
les62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone

Comments

• les62
    les62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm hoping there is someone that can help me with my terrible finances as I'm sinking fast as I'm unable to call companies on phone as its broken an unable  to leave the house because of anxiety.  Please help 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @les62 welcome t9 the community!

Sorry to hear this, is there an email you could contact them on?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @les62   Pleased to meet you.

Sorry what has happened. You could Email them for support. As my friend @Ami2301 says.

Have you any support?   Do you have neighbours or friends can help. I know fear of anxiety I have this myself and wondering how can we as a community advise. You could order a new phone on line. Mobile one . Then could arrive by tomorrow by then . Set up account with mobile company then you have a new phone.

Do know could do that . All depends how much money you have. Do you have enough to do this.?

Do you have the essentials food and items to make a meal with to live on.?

I am one of the community champions on the forum.  As is my friend @Ami2301 . Being a weekend concerned.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    welcome @les62 im so sorry to hear this, what is broken land line phone or mob ,have you got pc where you can email them ,  
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @les62

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are struggling and I hope we can help. As others have suggested, could you email the companies?

I found a not for profit agency who can help with debt and their email addresses, you could think about chatting with them? 

Debt Support Trust 
    The Debt Support Trust is a not-for-profit debt advice charity covering England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland via its phone, email or online debt analyser tool.

There may be a local debt help agency in your area. If so, check it is not-for-profit or a charity before signing up.

Community Money AdviceIt has a map showing where you can get face-to-face debt advice – see if there's one in your area. 

Money Advice Service: Its debt advice locator helps you search for a debt advice service near you. 

The information above comes from the MoneySavingExpert website.

We have some advice around money and finances that could help.

Work out your budget

Use our Budget planner to work out how much money you have coming in and what you’re spending it on.

The first step to taking control of your money is working out your living costs, including knowing what’s coming in, what’s going out and when.

Making a budget gives you a clear picture of where your money goes and shows you where you might have a chance to save money.

It will also help you see whether you’re living within your means.

For more on budgeting and money management, read our Beginner’s guide to managing your money.

Claim all the benefits you’re entitled to

It’s easier than you might think to check that you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to if you’re on a low income.

Some benefits are one-off payments to help with a particular set of circumstances like cold weather.

Others, such as Income Support, top up your regular income.

Follow the link below for an overview of what’s available and how to find out if you’re missing out.

Read our guide to Make sure you’re getting the right entitlements.

Budgeting Loans

If you’re on a low income and claiming benefits you might be able to get an interest-free Budgeting Loan from the Social Fund.

This can help with things like:

• travelling expenses
    • clothing or footwear
    • furniture or household equipment
    • money to help you look for or start work
    • improving, maintaining or securing your home
    • advance rent or removal expenses for a new home.
    Find out about Budgeting Loans and get an application form on the GOV.UK website.
    Learn more about the Budgeting loans and Budgeting Advances on Turn2us’ guide to What is a Budgeting Loan/Advance?.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.