Letter to my local MP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter to my local MP

Options
2»

Comments

• deltablue52
    deltablue52 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    With regard to the previous questions I hope that the following information is of help and clarifies things.

Initially I was sent a letter from the DWP saying that my DLA was coming to an end and inviting me to apply for PIP-to do so  I had to ring them up to ask for an application form for PIP.

That took about a week and a half to turn up at my home.
     The PIP form is about 40 pages long and was given a month to fill it in.
     I then rang the hospital, and spoke to my consultant secretary, I  asked for a "factual medical report" of my conditions and explained why.There was not a problem at all.

This was ready a few days later and posted to me, but was lost in the post!.
    I then panicked and rang the DWP and asked for an extension-and explained the circumstances as I had no idea when my letter would turn up. I was given 3 weeks extension. Eventually though it did turn up.
    In the meantime I asked my doctors secretary, for a printed prescription list-this was ready the next day.
    It then took me and my wife 2 weeks to fill the PIP form  in-day by day. 
    I enclosed medical reports, medication lists(doctors)- (but no past appointments list) as im told that they are not interested in this.?.

We copied everything and then sent it off registered post-signed for.

About a week later I had a letter from the DWP, thanking me for sending my PIP form back and telling me that I need a face to face assessment, and this would happen within 4-6 weeks-and in the meantime my DLA would still be paid.
    About 3 weeks later I had a phone call inviting me for an assessment, at short notice. A week later I attended the local assessment centre, I felt very anxious, but should have not been, as the nurse who examined me was very nice and very understanding.
    That over with we went home. (phew)
    A week later I received another letter, thanking me for attending, and that they were looking into my PIP application.
    Five weeks later, I had a letter from the DWP saying that I had been awarded PIP.  From start to finish I think the whole thing took 11 weeks.
    I hope that this helps.....

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    :

Hi Samantha 21 here,

Thank-you for your comment in regard of the BMWs and the cost of an upfront deposit starting at 250 pounds. I can just let you know that when I went to the BMW garage they had two models of Motability car they leased. If you are aware the cost you have seen is 250 pounds then good luck to that because as I said those two models they showed me were very close to 3000 pounds which was well out of my league. Also they did not offer to find me any models from 250 pounds in fact they gave me the brochure for the expensive models and that was that. |Thank-you for your opinion but I only expressed what my experience was
    https://www.bmw.co.uk/global/motability/motability-price-list-q4-2018.pdf

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.