Incap to ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incap to ESA

Options
merauder
merauder Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I migrated from incap to ESA, i believe I was in the limited capability for work group after assessment.
No Partner
No Savings
No home owned only private rented
I have contacted ESA they said I should be re-assessed from 07/11/2013 via an ESA form 3 which I have completed and returned.
There has been suggestion of a missing component of enhanced disability premium from ESA adviser where migrations were not assessed properly worth £16.40 per week.

Is this making any sense to anyone? I appreciate its confusing and I have really lived hand to mouth for the last 8-10 years in total but this would be a hefty sum if I have been underpaid my entitlement. 

I have not been contacted or written to by ESA but they were very happy to explain over the phone and send the ESA3 out to me to 'trigger' the re-assessment process sooner rather than awaiting the letter.

I hope this makes sense, any advice I would appreciate, I have anxiety and struggling to settle and sleep with the worry of it all, even though this could be in my favour.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Enhanced disability premium is £16.40 per week as from April this year, less in previous years. If you're eligible for the top up then it will be backdated to the date you qualified. How long it takes for a decision depends on the backlog in your area. DWP will write to you when a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chants
    chants Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi I’m wondering the same too. My IB was £199. Does anyone know what the amount should be when migrated? I was in middle rate DLA up until 3 years ago. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    chants said:
    Hi I’m wondering the same too. My IB was £199. Does anyone know what the amount should be when migrated? I was in middle rate DLA up until 3 years ago. 
    What is your ESA amount per week?  which group are you in? and is it a single or joint claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chants
    Options
    chants said:
    What is your ESA amount per week?  which group are you in? and is it a single or joint claim?

• chants
    Options
    I am a single claimaint. I went from Incapacity in 2012 to EESA. Funnily enough I just recieved a letter saying... thank you for your request for information...... from 2012 to 2018 you were awarded Cintribution based ESA. It’s wrong as I went onto income related after a year I stopped working. 
    I was in September on IR ESA £199.00 every 2weeks.( I get Carers Allowance too) but went to uni.so went on CR ESA got £46.30 a week.  Now I can’t comtinue uni so I’m having to go back on IR ESA
  • chants
    edited November 2018
    Options
    chants said:
    I am a single claimaint. I went from Incapacity in 2012 to EESA. Funnily enough I just recieved a letter saying... thank you for your request for information...... from 2012 to 2018 you were awarded Cintribution based ESA. It’s wrong as I went onto income related after a year I stopped working. 
    I was in September on IR ESA £199.00 every 2weeks.( I get Carers Allowance too) but went to uni.so went on CR ESA got £46.30 a week.  Now I can’t comtinue uni so I’m having to go back on IR ESA
    I was in the support group for 2 years I think recently. 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Income Related ESA and students is extremely complicated because the 2 benefits aren't always possible to claim together. Any student loans you would have received at the time would have been taken into consideration for your Income Related ESA.

Claiming Carers allowance also affects any income related ESA you may have claiming because you can't claim them both together because of the overlapping benefits rule.

Your situation is far too complicated for anyone on an internet forum to help you further. You've given DWP all the information and once they've assessed your claim they'll contact you with a decision. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.