PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Good experience of PIP assessment

mummysue21mummysue21 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
My son sent in PIP form end of June.  He had his face to face assessment on 14th October 2018 and received a positive decision on 5 November, 2018.  F2F was done at home and was a very fair assessment of his needs. The assessor was courteous, professional and very well prepared and the experience proved we need not have feared the assessment. 

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,476 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mummysue21 welcome to the community!

That's fantastic to hear! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ofmeofme Member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi, that's Awesome. Thank goodness for hearing a positive outcome. Wins me luck with mine😀😕
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mummysue21

Fantastic news it makes a change to have some positive news for once!!!!!  

Many thanks.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    My son sent in PIP form end of June.  He had his face to face assessment on 14th October 2018 and received a positive decision on 5 November, 2018.  F2F was done at home and was a very fair assessment of his needs. The assessor was courteous, professional and very well prepared and the experience proved we need not have feared the assessment. 
    If some assessor can be like that why do they employ the ones that are officious, cold and appear uncaring?
    Then they write up a report that contradicts everything that has been said and what all of the evidence states.

Some clearly do not want to engage in any form of conversation simply demanding that you agree to a statement that they read out. 

I do wonder if personality comes into play - especially if you are nervous and it comes over as arrogant or disinterested in the whole thing.
  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi @mummysue21

A very warm welcome.

Thank's for sharing your good news about your son's award.

It's great that our community is given such positive feedback.

• wedgehogwedgehog Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi Atlas, yes there are one or two honest people out there, I have had two now, the first was a young lady who was as you describe, the second was a middle aged nurse who was a disgrace to her profession and obviously had no empathy or compassion for the disabled. 
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    wedgehog said:
    Hi Atlas, yes there are one or two honest people out there, I have had two now, the first was a young lady who was as you describe, the second was a middle aged nurse who was a disgrace to her profession and obviously had no empathy or compassion for the disabled. 
    And I have had three of the latter variety!!
Sign in or join us to comment.