Good experience of PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good experience of PIP assessment

mummysue21
mummysue21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son sent in PIP form end of June.  He had his face to face assessment on 14th October 2018 and received a positive decision on 5 November, 2018.  F2F was done at home and was a very fair assessment of his needs. The assessor was courteous, professional and very well prepared and the experience proved we need not have feared the assessment. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mummysue21 welcome to the community!

That's fantastic to hear! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ofme
    ofme Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi, that's Awesome. Thank goodness for hearing a positive outcome. Wins me luck with mine??
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mummysue21

Fantastic news it makes a change to have some positive news for once!!!!!  

Many thanks.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    My son sent in PIP form end of June.  He had his face to face assessment on 14th October 2018 and received a positive decision on 5 November, 2018.  F2F was done at home and was a very fair assessment of his needs. The assessor was courteous, professional and very well prepared and the experience proved we need not have feared the assessment. 
    If some assessor can be like that why do they employ the ones that are officious, cold and appear uncaring?
    Then they write up a report that contradicts everything that has been said and what all of the evidence states.

Some clearly do not want to engage in any form of conversation simply demanding that you agree to a statement that they read out. 

I do wonder if personality comes into play - especially if you are nervous and it comes over as arrogant or disinterested in the whole thing.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @mummysue21

A very warm welcome.

Thank's for sharing your good news about your son's award.

It's great that our community is given such positive feedback.

• wedgehog
    wedgehog Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi Atlas, yes there are one or two honest people out there, I have had two now, the first was a young lady who was as you describe, the second was a middle aged nurse who was a disgrace to her profession and obviously had no empathy or compassion for the disabled. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wedgehog said:
    Hi Atlas, yes there are one or two honest people out there, I have had two now, the first was a young lady who was as you describe, the second was a middle aged nurse who was a disgrace to her profession and obviously had no empathy or compassion for the disabled. 
    And I have had three of the latter variety!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.