Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

UC wait reduced to 3 weeks

RalphRalph Member Posts: 40 Connected
edited November 2018 in Universal Credit
According to this report the delay until receiving money has been reduced too three weeks. 

https://apple.news/ALJ7i9f2YRQ-Hd2Vsrw5zPA

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds great, good but will not come into practice for weeks if not months, going on how other benefits Changes are organised to run or operate, time will tell.
  • RalphRalph Member Posts: 40 Connected
    Yea problem is I’ve to claim before the end of the year. We shall see. I hope others will have better luck. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Ralph said:
    Yea problem is I’ve to claim before the end of the year. We shall see. I hope others will have better luck. 
    Why do you have to claim UC before the end of the year?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • RalphRalph Member Posts: 40 Connected
    My wife becomes unintitled then as I’ve lost care component. She can’t work as I can’t so it’s uc. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,989 Disability Gamechanger
    Sharp piece of wording from Esther but a total lack of detail. There is no good news here at all. 

1) This is managed migration cases. The very thing that has been delayed until at least 2020. That means more people will naturally migrate in the meantime and therefore potentially miss out on transitional protection.

2) If the assessment period is one month then how can you be paid after three weeks? The answer of course is that she’s talking about the proposal to have a two week run on of IS, JSA or ESA. Again, only for managed migration cases.  So, you claim on the 5th of November. Your assessment period is the 5th to the 4th of December and your 1st UC payment is the 11th of December. All this is saying is that you’ll now get a payment of one of the 3 legacy benefits on the 19th.
Sign in or join us to comment.