Can I reapply? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I reapply?

Options
craigheadsharon
craigheadsharon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
My daughter has Ehlers Danlos syndrome and dislocates her shoulders virtually everyday. She is in chronic pain. Until last year she received ESA and PIP however when she went to uni they have taken her off all benefits - she is doing primary teaching and tried to get a part time job but the pain is too severe and her dislocations minimise they types of work she can do. At the time she didnot have the energy to cope with moving away and appealing their decision thinking they might be right and she could do the same as her peers.
She was at rheumatology today nad is likely to get more surgery done in the summer - can you tell me if there is any point in her reapplying or if she needs to wait a certain length of time?
Thanks
Sharon

Comments

• deltablue52
    deltablue52 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    Ive been told that you can re apply immediately.

Good Luck.!!!  
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @craigheadaharon welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened.

Yes, you can re-apply for PIP. Our benefits advisors posted this on another discussion which I hope you might find useful: 

"You do not need to wait 12 months to reclaim PIP. However, if there is a short time between applications and there is no noticeable change in needs detailed on the new PIP application form, PIP may use the same medical information when first refusing your claim.  I would however not be put off by this, and I would keep in mind the rules of PIP when completing the new application." 

Best of luck with the new claim if you decide to reapply, and if you have any further questions, then please do get in touch!  :)

Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.