Change in circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change in circumstances

Options
beccijay
beccijay Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding change in circumstances with pip, I sent my form back and they received it on the 16th, I have been told it is with a decision maker on the 26th October however I called today as have had no contact with the dwp and it's still with a decision maker they have said I mate not need a medical, can anyone advise how long it will take if a medical is required or if they will just .make a decision off the evidence that has been sent in? T.i.a

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @beccijay Unfortunately PIP decisions are extremely slow at the moment.  I would think it is likely to still be 4-6 weeks before you hear if you are required to attend a medical assessment (which is the most likely), and even once you have had the assessment some areas are seeing an 8-10 week wait once the DWP has received the assessment report back before a decision is made.  I am sorry that this is likely to not be what you want to hear but the whole system is very slow.  If you are awarded an increase this should be payable to you from the date you reported the change - no help to you at this moment, but at least you would get the extra money and arrears in the long run.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I think you should brace for a long wait. I have had to switch from DLA to PIP and the process started late June and completed 2 weeks ago. This sort of delay seems the norm.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • beccijay
    beccijay Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Thank you both for reply, am so stressed at the moment I have so much going on, plus my partner had his f2f and with in 2 weeks had a decision 0points so currently going for a mr, his process was really quick so we wasn't shocked to see all the lies in the report, I 'll hold out for a few weeks and try call them again

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.