Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Care for my daughter to live independently
Hi Everyone,I have brought up my daughter who has learning disabilities and serious anxiety problems for many years now.I have found that there is no where near enough help,there is help but it's very minimal.Although she has matured physically as someone without disability, emotionally and psychologically she has not matured to functioning fully as an adult.For the last 12years she has lived in her own flat but still needs a lot of support.She has carers coming in to help and she is perpetually on the phone to me.She could do with more input from carers but is afforded only a limited time,9hrs a week.I realise that others are experiencing pretty much the same even for those even worse placed than my daughter, with physical and/or learning disabilities.My daughter is now in her mid-forties.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.