Can SFE affect my pip (enhanced + mobitlity) — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can SFE affect my pip (enhanced + mobitlity)

Diamantik Member Posts: 1 Listener
Please can enyone help me ? I am getting PIP (enhanced) and I am a full time student at univerity studying business management and I apply for student finance englad. Will it affect my PIP at all ? 
Thank you


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,392 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP isn't means tested, so no. If you claim any means tested benefits like ESA/UC or housing benefit then any student loan you receive will affect these.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Diamantik, and welcome!

    As Poppy says, this shouldn't be an issue. You may find this Turn2Us page on studying and benefits helpful. It includes the following:

    Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance

    You can get Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance even if you are a full-time student.
    If you have disabilities, are aged under 65 and need help with your personal care or mobility needs, you can get Personal Independence Payment. If you need help with personal care and are aged 65 or over, you can get Attendance Allowance.
    Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance are not means-tested. This means any income (including student grants or loans) or savings you have are ignored.
    If activities you do as part of your course suggest that your health has improved, your Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance may stop. For example, if you are getting Personal Independence Payment because you said you have problems with walking and your course involves a lot of physical activity, this could cause your award to be reviewed.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.