Where can I find a tribunal representative? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where can I find a tribunal representative?

Options
SimonS
SimonS Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer from Degenerate Disc Disease, Failed Back Syndrome and Therapeutic Pain in my legs. The DWP have stopped my ESA and I’m going through the appeals process. I’m about to start filling in my SSCS1 form and I’m searching for a qualified representative. Can you please advise the best place to look for one? I live in the East Midlands and despite several internet searches, I’m struggling to find a suitable representative. Many thanks in advance, SimonS 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi SimonS and a big welcome to the Scope community and sorry to hear about your situation.  Have you tried the Citizens Advice Bureau? They have solicitors there although you'll need to book an appointment with them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,262 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    CAB very rarely represent anyone at Tribunal now because of lack of funding. Try welfare rights or a law centre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SimonS, and welcome!

You can find Welfare Rights, as suggested by Poppy, here. You may also be interested in Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions, to help you prepare. Do keep us updated and wishing you all the best!
  • PTSDdisabled
    PTSDdisabled Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    SimonS said:
    I suffer from Degenerate Disc Disease, Failed Back Syndrome and Therapeutic Pain in my legs. The DWP have stopped my ESA and I’m going through the appeals process. I’m about to start filling in my SSCS1 form and I’m searching for a qualified representative. Can you please advise the best place to look for one? I live in the East Midlands and despite several internet searches, I’m struggling to find a suitable representative. Many thanks in advance, SimonS 

If you have access to a computer look up:

LawWorks

https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-advice-individuals

If you do not have a computer, your local library may have computers you can use.

You can search for a Law centre near to you, where you can get assistance with Benefits.

I found 15 Law centres within 10 miles of where I live.

This is a short video from Mary Ward Centre, London.

What to do if you fail an ESA medical assessment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKwgX4IjIWU&feature=youtu.be

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.