The power of ATOS
It seems after suffering mental health issues for 25 years and my health getting worst and worst ATOS have fixed all of my issues within 1 and a half hours of being in there care, how wonderful they are.
I wish I would have seen them earlier, so I Would no longer be on sickness benefits, and go out to work, but now all is good,so claim ATOS.
I can now leave the house, I can take my medication myself without my family giving it to me, i can cook and peel vegetables without my family telling me im not safe to do so, and i will no longer leave the gas coming out of the hob when the flame hasn't been lit, the list goes on and on.
Based on this site, I should get enhanced support for one section, and normal for the other, but I scored zero points.
I cant yet appeal as the DWP haven't made there decision yet, but I know what is coming.
Is there anything I can do at this time, or do i have to wait for a letter telling me I cant have the PIP benefit.
What makes this even worst is, i was told by the "nurse" she was a specailest in mental health,and she seem to know her stuff, and was telling me alot about how i feel, and almost at times finished of what i was saying.
She really seemed nice and caring, and i must admit, she put me at ease, but now i see the report, i can now see she was no different to any other ATOS nurse, i have had 3 interviews all carried out by ATOS but for ESA and failed with all 3, went to court and won all 3, the last time the judge even phoned me and told me not to attend, but sadly i had already left, so i got to the court and the court clark had told me i had already won my case.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.