Home visit advice please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit advice please?

minimum501
minimum501 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
 I have a visit coming up on 27th November they are coming to see me at home is there any advice anyone can give me please.  I'm on higher rate for both mobility & care my daughter being my full time carer I'm so worried they will take me off it as would lose my house,  car,  my independence as without my car I won't be able to get out & about.  My daughter says she's confident I will keep it I'm on 500mgs of morphine a day for pain plus a shed load of other meds.Every afternoon I have to go & lie down to ease the pain not that it always works my award on DLA is for life being overturned on an appeal why those of us on it for life should have to prove ourselves is beyond me this government should try living under our conditions of low money low essteem no increase in money despite the rise in costs for everything I don't think they would manage somehow. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @minimum501 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am sure there are many members of the community will be in touch to reassure you.  Can identify what you are going through right now.

I am one as I have been through the assessments many times.

Main thing you not alone have the support of the community and most importantly of your daughter.

PIP and most of the benefits issue a booklet with the form you get read that. Which says what the assessment is all about. What you need to show and can do.  

Based on evidence you have provided. The descriptors doing a range of tasks and duties, daily living around your home and outside.

Have a look at our information on Talk about PIP/DLA.  This advice, posts from community members.

Wish you the best and success for a positive outcome.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Try not to worry it could be another 8 weeks before you get a decision watch out for the trick questions like i was asked ( The medication you are taking does that help with the pain so i said yes it does help, so in the report it states that i could walk further than i stated because the medication is effective)
    This government is trying to penalise the disabled that is why there are so many appeals and if you are over 65 they want you off high mobility because if you do not appeal and accept standard you are not allowed to get high mobility ever again

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.