PIP query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP query

Options
Redlady
Redlady Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, just a query!, i was put onto Pip, after being on 'DLA' for many years (I have Mental Health issues), also Arthritis, which i got the Mobility on DLA, my assessment was 'paperbased' and not done by a Medical professional, I was awarded '11' points for 'Daily living' and '4' for mobility, i asked them to look at it again, they reduced my points to '8' for 'Daily living' and nothing for Mobility (even though I have my diagnosis on Medical files), they are saying that because I didn't provide evidence, that's why!, i've now lost my mobility component and the mark for 'anxiety' they have removed (struggled to get on public transport), as they said I am able to go to a row of 8 shops two minutes away!!, I have lived in my home for 26 years, so know the area well!, also won't accept that, because of my Arthritis (Spine, both hips and knees), at times I can't leave my home, as I live on the top floor of a block of flats and have 30 stairs to climb, they have told me that doesn't mean I have 'mobility' issues??, I need some advice please!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.