Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Djperc!
I've been a professional drummer/percussionist and teacher for 20 years and loved it. After fighting fibromyalgia for 3 years I have had to finish all that I love to spend most of my time in bed in pain. This has also affected my family - wife and 4 children. I've always worked hard and now live solely on benefits. I feel I have lost myself and my value and at times I end up in some dark places, my family and a few friends are what keep me up. This my brief story, thank you for this community, supporting each other helps, I look forward to talking to you all.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.