Hi, my name is skyelyn! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is skyelyn!

skyelyn
skyelyn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have arthrits and back problems so tired not able to do what i use too and what i would like too also because i look ok dont get belived how much the pain comes on and siezes me up -my daughter was a great help now she it not talking to me because i had words with her future mother -in law -and now trying to cope on own -but been really down with it all to the stage of whats the point -i know there is a lot more people worse off than me but just can't seam to shake things off -sorry moaning again -not a good way to interduce myself but maybe finding someone to talk too that understands will help ty 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skyelyn

Good Evening & Welcome ??

It’s great to meet you today!!!!

You have come to the right place for help/support.

Yes we have all “been there & done it”

Please please talk to me/us.

Don’t worry about going on as that is what we are all here for!!!!!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @skyelyn and a warm welcome to you. I am glad you've found us, but very sorry you are facing such difficulties. You write that "-i know there is a lot more people worse off than me " but that doesn't help, does it? If I have a massive toothache or one of my arms gets cut off in machinery, the pain that anyone else is experiencing doesn't reduce the pain I am feeling. And there's no good in thinking it should :smile: You're having a tough time and feeling very low, and you're perfectly entitled to feel whatever feelings you have - pain, hurt, anger, whatever. Here it is you and your feelings that matter.
    I have many times wondered "what is the point?" and I'm not sure I've found a good answer yet, except that remaining alive has allowed me to be here and to be of some little use to others.
    I'm hoping that you're not feeling that bad, but just in case I'm going to copy in something from our site: 
    If you are feeling suicidal please ring the Samaritans for free on 116 123. If you believe you are a currently a danger to yourself, please visit your local hospital immediately.
    We're here and listening, @skyelyn

Warmest best wishes to you
    @JennysDad
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @skyelyn It's always hard when words come between people and others take sides. I would extend an olive branch to your daughter and see if she respond.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skyelyn, and a warm welcome to the community! You may be particularly interested in our dealing with chronic pain discussions.
  • skyelyn
    skyelyn Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    ty all for being so nice and welcoming xxx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @skyelyn welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.