ESA3 form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA3 form

owen2007 Member Posts: 1 Listener
ESA3 form what do i do with it ?


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @owen2007, and a warm welcome to the community!

    The following information is from the ESA page on Citizens Advice:
    If you’re in the work-related activity group and get contribution-based ESA, you’ll only get it for up to a year. This includes time before your medical assessment. When you’re almost at the end of the year, you’ll be sent an ESA3 form to fill in to see if you can be moved onto income-related ESA instead. If your disability or illness gets worse and you would qualify for the support group, you can ask the DWP to re-assess you even after the year’s finished.
    If you’re in the support group or getting income-related ESA, your claim will be ongoing.
    Find out more about the ESA groups.
    The DWP will usually re-assess your ability to work every 1, 2 or 3 years to make sure you’re still not fit to work.
    If you’re in the support group, the DWP might decide they won’t need to re-assess you in future - they’ll tell you in the decision letter they send you. They’ll only do this if your condition’s unlikely to improve much in the future, and this means you’ll always be in the support group.
    Do have a look at the rest of the page and feel free to come back to us with any questions!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.