Hi, my name is peggysue! help with pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is peggysue! help with pip

peggysue Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m going for my pip consultation I did ring them last week told them I’m getting a scan next month on my heart and now they wanting me to go for a interview before I even get any results has this happen to anyone else on this forum. Also I’m going to need to tape it due to my mental health I have bi polar and a really bad short term memory will it be ok to take two tape recording machines with me any advice would be greatly appreciated thankyou.


  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,178 Scope online community team
    Good to meet you and welcome to our community. I will move your post to our PIP/DLA discussions where our very knowledgeable members will advise. If I can help further please let me know. 

    Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

    'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,452 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

    You need to get permission to record the assessment by ringing the health assessment providers at least 48 hours before.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.