Lost my Apeal ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my Apeal ?

Prettyseasider
Prettyseasider Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Lost my appeal , They went ff last year and and since then I have spondylitis in my neck as well as osteoauthritis in shoulder lumber spine both knees and fingers in both hands and disc degenerate in 7 discs , did what physio said stretches and even pulled few weeds out  but since then got worse as soon meds where off in pain flare ups a more frequent esp now it’s gone colder , just want to be normal again no pain killers and go out with friends , be more quicker at work and sleep and get up with out being stiff 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, I know how you must be felling having lost your appeal you may wish to reapply for PIP as your circumstances have changed. I know when I was recovering from surgery expected to be off for 12 weeks as time went by I knew I would never return having being diagnosed with MS. So we never know what’s lies ahead of us but we have to remain up beat and positive. Despite our good looks and smiles inside we hurt and long for the thing we used to do. 
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Prettyseasider,
    Sorry to hear you’ve lost your appeal. I’m not experienced in giving advice, there are quite a few on this forum who are brilliant though.
    Im sorry to hear you’re in pain, especially with the cold snap we’ve had.
    I understand how you feel, I too have osteoarthritis amongst other things. I am also in a lot of pain so you’v got company.
    I also struggle with the changes that’s come about. At times I grieve for the old me.
    Pain free, no meds, out working, no wheelchair, you get my drift.
    There are some truly wonderful people on the forum that share their experiences of life.
    Ive found it helps me greatly.
    Not just looking for advice but sometimes I see that I’m not on my own eg. Pain or inability to carry out simple tasks. 
    I hope this as helped you a little.
    Wrap up warm and try not to get yourself upset. There’s life beyond arthritis it’s finding what works for you.
    Take care ???

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    A Tribunal won't take into consideration a worsening of condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Prettyseasider,
    So sorry to hear that you have lost your appeal, however because your circumstances have changed you can put in a new claim. Can't you see if there's a representative in your area like CAB, who would be able to advise and help complete your forms for you? I would phone PIP and tell them about the change in your health and ask them to send the forms. I understand how much stress it causes especially when you have lost previously I bet you have lost all faith with the DWP. Take care and good luck.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.