Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
A mistake by DWP on my ESA.
Hi can anyone help me on this issue! 29/4/2014 my claim started. 2/12/2014 it was stopped because they said i was in prison! I did spend 10-12 hrs in jail because i couldnt remember address to get bail. The following day i went back to court and was granted bail. On returning home i found out my ESA had been stopped, so i called them to explain the situation and the woman i spoke to said she had to contact the jail to comfirm i was only there for 10-12 hrs and it was. So the ladie reinstatied my ESA and payments carried on as normal and i recived my budget loan £348 on 9/1/2015. I contacted ESA on monday n asked when my claim started n they said 2/1/2015. If that was the case why was they still paying me when there saying my claim was stopped and i got my budget loan 7 days after the new claim was supposed to of started! But you need to be on ESA for 26 weeks before you qualify for a budget loan! All this time i was only reciving assement rate up until Febuary 2016 when they put me on support group. I asked them to back pay me and they did but only back to 20/4/2015 but in my eyes it should be back dated to 29/4/2014. I sent a letter simlar to what ive just said and a copie of my bank statement showing payments continued and my budget loan all with in a 5 week window were they said i didnt have a claim. I sent the letter on 22/11/2018 registered post so they have to sighn for it. And today i got a text from DWP saying they have posted my documents back to me regestered post and i need to sighn for it when it arrives. Any advice please will be welcomed.
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.