Mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health

rachel44
rachel44 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
What annoys me most is when someone tells you that u look normal on the outsid  and have no idea about what’s going on inside I have learning difficulty’s adhd remembering  issues can’t remember what people say to me for get this easily have to right things down to remember it’s so hard sometimes

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachel44

Good Evening & Welcome ??

It’s great to meet you today!!!!!!

Yes “Hidden Disability’s” can be more difficult to “handle”

Mind you once you have got the “point across” it tends to “stick in”
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachel44 and a warm welcome to the community. We have any number of members who will be able to relate to your situation and would no doubt like to be in contact with you. Some of them will come through on this thread, but you might also like to have a look at our 'Invisible Impairments' thread.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachel44, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sure many of our other community members will be able to relate to your frustrations. You're among friends here: if we can be of assistance, do let us know.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.