Pip assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip assessments

Ahmed1756
Ahmed1756 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had esa assessments will i need to attend pip assessments as well 
«1

Comments

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahmed1756 said:
    I had esa assessments will i need to attend pip assessments as well 
    Yes. They are totally different benefits and most people have face to face assessments for both, if they claim them.
  • Cathro
    Cathro Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I claimed pip got declined .applying again with a support worker its for fibro and depression any advice please
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Cathro said:
    I claimed pip got declined .applying again with a support worker its for fibro and depression any advice please
    Please try to keep all your questions in one thread because it becomes very confusing. I've answered on your other thread.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Ahmed1756!
  • Ahmed1756
    Ahmed1756 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have sent my pip form 2weeks ago had a call from capita couldn’t answer the call left a message to call them can you advice me what the could be for thanks
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    The only way to find out is to give them a ring. Anything here would be no more than a guess
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ahmed1756
    Ahmed1756 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Does capita phone to arrange pip assessments 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    They may have a short notice appointment and ring to see if you will accept it. You do not have to accept
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ahmed1756
    Ahmed1756 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have pip assessments next week what papers do I need to take with me to support my assessments 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahmed1756 said:
    I have pip assessments next week what papers do I need to take with me to support my assessments 
    Evidence to support your claim should have been sent with the forms. They very often refuse to accept any evidence on the day of assessment, this has happened to me twice and to others too. I really would rely on taking it with you on the day. Maybe give the assessment providers a ring to ask if you can send it to them before the day of your assessment. Sending it to DWP is risky because it may not be used when making a decision. Anything you send make sure you put your NI number on the top of everything.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to have proof of identity, If you have any further evidence then you should also take copies but be prepared for the assessor not to take it
    A current prescription list is also a good idea
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    A current prescription list is also a good idea
    That's a strange suggestion. What would that document show, other than prescribed medication? I thought PIP was all about functionality and impact in conjunction with the descriptors?

    Besides which it is not unknown for some claimants to continue to claim the prescriptions from the GP without good reason and without actually taking the meds - a sort of window dressing to substantiate illnesses and disabilities. In that case it must be extremely difficult in trying to get rid of them every month!

  • Tardis
    Tardis Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Not a strange suggestion at all!  They ask what meds you are on, and if you can pass the list over it saves the struggle over pronunciation on your part and spelling on theirs.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:


    Besides which it is not unknown for some claimants to continue to claim the prescriptions from the GP without good reason and without actually taking the meds -
    Now where have i heard that before? Sounds like a very familiar story....... hmm.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Member Posts: 987 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:


    Besides which it is not unknown for some claimants to continue to claim the prescriptions from the GP without good reason and without actually taking the meds -
    Now where have i heard that before? Sounds like a very familiar story....... hmm.
    Do people actually do this? 

    Speaking personally the medication I am prescribed is as a result of a long series of neurological tests  which would be quite difficult to 'rig'. Family members have epilepsy, asthma which is also quite difficult to fiddle I would have thought..

    Perhaps some conditions are easier to feign than others - I'd be interested to hear the details (out of curiosity - I'm not beating a path to my GP's door just yet!)
  • Tardis
    Tardis Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Well, there was a certain somebody who used to mention it every now and again across the interwebs.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,572 Disability Gamechanger
    Tardis said:
    Well, there was a certain somebody who used to mention it every now and again across the interwebs.  
    Thanks, you're a star. I thought i was imagining it for a minute.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    Tardis said:
    Not a strange suggestion at all!  They ask what meds you are on, and if you can pass the list over it saves the struggle over pronunciation on your part and spelling on theirs. 


    But surely you would have written it all down on the claim form and probably included a copy of the repeat prescription when sending the PIP2 back?

    I was never asked to recite what medication I was on at any of the three assessments - to be honest I might have remembered just one of them.

  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected

    Now where have i heard that before? Sounds like a very familiar story....... hmm.
    It was suggested in a magazine which I read whilst at hospital - all about the wastage and cost of unused medication.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    cristobal said:



    Do people actually do this? 

    Speaking personally the medication I am prescribed is as a result of a long series of neurological tests  which would be quite difficult to 'rig'. Family members have epilepsy, asthma which is also quite difficult to fiddle I would have thought..

    Perhaps some conditions are easier to feign than others - I'd be interested to hear the details (out of curiosity - I'm not beating a path to my GP's door just yet!)
    No idea if it actually happens - it was in an article in a magazine whilst waiting at an outpatient appointment - something to do with the money lost to the NHS.

    I presume it happens when the patient recovers to an extent that they feel that they don't want the medication. But continue to get it to keep appearances up for whatever reasons - maybe to show the DWP what has been prescribed therefore backing up the claim that the illness/disability is worse than it actually is?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?


Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.