Now its ESA ! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Now its ESA !

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
I feel totally lost and alone. At the beginning of this year it was PIP which went to tribunal now today I received the ESA50 form. 
Iv had panic attacks, anxiety since it landed on my floor. I dont have the energy to have another fight over benefits.
Im sorry if this post is negative but I feel so anxious.
Im so scared I will have to endure another f2f and the possibility of losing everything. To be totally honest I have started to plan just going to sleep and not waking up.
Just why are we made to go through this time after time

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    I felt exactly the same as you back in September when my ESA50 came through the door. It was a white envelope so i didn't expect it to be that when i seen it. Totally forgot they aren't brown envelopes.

I left mine for a couple of weeks and just gathered all the evidence i had. I did some research on filling in the forms before i filled it out.

When you fill out the form make sure you put as much information down about how your conditions affect you as possible. It's also worth knowing the reasons you were placed into the group you're already in. If those reasons still apply then you can base the form/evidence on that.

Take a look at both the descriptors for each of the groups and also reg 29/35.

Don't forget to send the evidence with the form. Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them. I had the dreaded assessment. For me ESA is always worse than PIP.

Dont forget to return that form no later than the date stated on the letter. Taking into consideration the xmas post/closing days. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    Thanks for your advice @poppy123456.
    i am hoping a close friend will help me fill it in over the next few days. I looked out letters from, psychiatrist, psychologist and ATOS. It was ATOS who dealt with my ill health retirement due to my mental health.

i have never had any f2f for ESA before, I was lucky I suppose but I know what the whole PIP f2f, Appeal is like and don’t think I can go through that again.

i will print off reg 29/35, memory retention isn’t great.

Thanks again @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Both reg are here in this link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48, how are you doing?

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling anxious, and I'm really glad to see you have the support of Poppy and you're having some help with your forms. I'm sure of our other community members will be rooting for you too, and we'll advise wherever we can and help you through the process.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can!

• susan48
    @Pippa_Scope, thanks Iv filled in the esa50 form, not sure if it’s correct as everything was jumbled in my head. It’s posted back with evidence so time will tell.

thanks to you and @poppy123456
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    if you manage to get new evidence you can still send that later as well, sometimes people have had success in emailing evidence and then getting a reply they had a paper assessment.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Hi @susan48 , how did it turn out?
  • susan48
    Hi @Waylay
    iv not heard anything from them yet!! They received it Christmas Eve. 

Thats for asking. Hope your ok 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I two got my ESA50 form i took mine to CAB they helped me fill it in last week tribunal now this it never ends
  • RachelLouise1986
    RachelLouise1986 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I am have it as well 4 ESA been 2 times all worked up to get told we can't c u today as there is a backlog 2 I made the 1 hour journey for nothing making my self ill and not sleeping for worry and have to go again next week for a 3 time not looking forward to it at all c if 3 time lucky or my b same again and they rebook it
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    How frustrating!
  • RachelLouise1986
    RachelLouise1986 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Just to let u know I was 3 time lucky don't know what I think of it the man was nice just waiting for the letter now to c if I keep it or not 
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Assesors should be made to make home visits let them struggle
  • susan48
    As per above- I sent the ESA50 form back and it was received on 24/12/18 at the DWP, I called and was assured it was received. 
    I have heard nothing since!!!! 
    Any advise as to what I should do if anything. I’m still getting the benefit paid.

scared to call them

Thanks
  • poppy123456
    susan48 said:
    As per above- I sent the ESA50 form back and it was received on 24/12/18 at the DWP, I called and was assured it was received. 
    I have heard nothing since!!!! 
    Any advise as to what I should do if anything. I’m still getting the benefit paid.

scared to call them

Thanks
    The only thing you can do is ring them to ask what's happening. There's no timescales for assessment waiting times or decisions. Your money will continue until a decision's been made.
  • susan48
    @poppy123456, thanks I will just wait, it just seems a long time.
     No news is good news I suppose 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.