How can I get a copy of my last pip award assesment letter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I get a copy of my last pip award assesment letter

Options
2»

Comments

• lynseyhutch
    lynseyhutch Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hello @Margarettte

The DWP contact number should be listed on your award letter. Call that number to ask for a copy of the report. 

To be deemed eligible for a blue badge you must have scored at least eight points for activity thirteen which is the moving around unaided one. Look at these descriptors and see where you should have scored points https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

Good luck! 
    The telephone number will be on the letter you know the letter you are enquiring about 🤔
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks all for continuing to support each other. It is the support you provide each other that makes this forum the supportive and friendly space it is.

If anyone wishes to talk about this further please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are all here for and listening to each other  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oddball said:
    Hi poppy I press option 6 also. And get through to an advisor eventually only thing is mostly 45 mins. What option do you suggest we press if we want to speak to an advisor? 

Which ever options applies to you. The waiting time is normal and it can often take anything up to an hour to speak to someone.
    Are you ringing to ask about a decision on your change of circumstances? If so then once a decision is made you'll be sent the decision letter. I realise it's very stressful waiting but it's just as stressful waiting in the queue for someone to answer, even worse if after all that they have no information to give you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you feeling about having to wait before calling them @Oddball? I am sure they appreciate helping you. 

After all, answering the phone and talking to you is part of their job role, they are there for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you.

Best of luck calling for the report soon. How are you feeling about the idea of calling for the report soon, especially having to wait for this?

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Leonstefpez3
    Leonstefpez3 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Can I get a copy of the letter sent to me by email please 🙏🏻 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can I get a copy of the letter sent to me by email please 🙏🏻 
    Unfortunately, they do not send anything by email. You will need to ring PIP to ask them to send a copy and it will be sent by post. The best time to ring them is as soon as they open at 9am, which will be tomorrow. 
    Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433 
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MarkBoden
    MarkBoden Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Is anyone having any joy with this enquiry line?
    Calls To PiP Enquiry Line
    DateCall BeganCall EndedOutcomeCall Length
    17/04/202409:07:0009:12:00Cut Off While On Hold00:05:00
    17/04/202409:22:0009:44:00Cut Off While On Hold00:22:00
    17/04/202413:11:0013:27:00Cut Off While On Hold00:16:00
    18/04/202410:48:0011:28:00Cut Off While On Hold00:40:00
    18/04/202414:06:0014:24:00Cut Off While On Hold00:18:00
    19/04/202409:06:0009:22:00Cut Off While On Hold00:16:00
    22/04/202411:17:0011:24:00Cut Off While On Hold00:07:00
    22/04/202415:31:0015:52:00Cut Off While On Hold00:21:00
    23/04/202410:11:0010:23:00Cut Off While On Hold00:12:00
    23/04/202410:41:0011:03:00Cut Off While On Hold00:22:00
    23/04/202412:38:00STILL ON HOLD
    Total Call Time
    02:59:00
  • MarkBoden
    MarkBoden Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi All
    Just for information:  After 11 Calls (3hrs 33mins) finally got an answer.  A PiP award letter can only be sent to you via post and will take 8-10 days.  If you do need one urgently, please be aware.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @MarkBoden and welcome to the community. :)

Thanks for sharing in such detail there! I know many people have been having issues with getting cut off over the last few weeks, I'm wondering if they're having telephony issues at the call centre? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MarkBoden said:
    Hi All
      A PiP award letter can only be sent to you via post and will take 8-10 days.  
    There's never been any other way of sending anything regarding PIP. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.