Feeling different when with "normies" and when with aides and doctors — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling different when with "normies" and when with aides and doctors

cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
I have noticed that when I am with a "normal" person (no such thing exists) I feel normal, in an entirely different frame of mind than I have when with aides or doctors. I become "sicker: when I am with medical personnel.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• cracker
    Perhaps, but my feeling is that we go into another role when with a doctor. I don't ever mention my disabilities to my friends, just about what we have in common and things like politics. I don't even think about disability when with them.

Going to the doctor means needing help of a medical nature. I almost feel my self-definition changes in each situation.
  • cracker
    I join you in the mental health arena. I have lots of that needing fixing, too.

I like your phrasing "all the broken bits". That's exactly how I feel - broken inside in that place within us where no one can come, see or know.

Best to you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.