Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Making Christmas easier for my child who has high functioning autism and anxiety
Really would like some tips for making Christmas easier for my child who has high functioning autism and anxiety. She cannot tolerate noise and we have 4 younger children in our family who can be very noisy at times. I want to spend time with them but my child 14 years cannot cope even with the use of ear defender's. As 3 of these children are from one family it won't work to invite them separately as 3 is still too much for her. Can anyone think of a solution that I might not have thought of please.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 529 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 928 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 590 Chronic pain and pain management
- 651 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.