Back dated spd, are there other premiums? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back dated spd, are there other premiums?

faydhar
faydhar Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hi all .I recived a phone call today  advising I am.entitled  to severe disability  premium  and have be advised they have worked out I'm owed back dated money around 7 grand   but they said it's from 6 November last year so around 58 weeks of back dating  so if the sdp payment is 64 pound that would work out at around 3700 not 7000 I only ask as it's over the 5000 they have to send it higher to have it worked out and realised  meaning it will take  a lot longer  .anyone on here can work out why why would be 7 Grand is there other premiums that go with it 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar, I'm afraid I'm unsure of the answer to this myself, but hopefully some of our experienced members will be in touch and able to advise.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to ring DWP to ask, as no one here will be able to answer your question. We'll only be guessing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    faydhar,
    There is another premium which is quite often identified at the same time - it's the enhanced disability premium. You'd be entitled to this if you were in the support group for ESA and/or if you got the enhanced daily living component of PIP or the highest rate care component of DLA. 

It's worth £16.40 a week so for 58 weeks, about £950 (bit more complicated than that because it will have gone up in April, so it was less before April 18). 

There may be other things missing if you have a partner you live with who you should have been getting money for, but without knowing more we can't be exactly sure - of course it also depends on what exactly you've been getting during this time.

Hope this helps a bit, however, without being able to talk to you and see your award notices from the past couple of years we can't be sure of the exact figures.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• faydhar
    faydhar Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Thank you they made a mistake and worked out my sdp for a couple but I'm.single so they have just 're calculated.. I applied over the phone after receiving  a form to full in . Then yesterday I recived another  form for the sdp to.fill  in  stating I need to apply for this  or they may stop my benefits as this is their second attempt  even though I have applied by phone and have been awarded it  so.obviously  they do not read notes  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.