Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

pumie
pumie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am getting pip and my husband was my carer and has left me.will I lose my pip now as this is the only income I have. 
Thank you in advance 

Comments

• dawn82
    dawn82 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    No you shouldn't as it deals with what you can do with help not what your carer does for you. If your partner was helping you it maybe beneficial for you to go through your social worker (or get a social worker if you dont have one) and look into what help you need physically, emotionally and financially now he has left. Hope this helps 
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    No you won't lose your pip so don't worry about that but if he's not looking after you he should not get carers allowance for you if he does 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    pumie said:
    Hi I am getting pip and my husband was my carer and has left me.will I lose my pip now as this is the only income I have. 
    Thank you in advance 
    As others have said you won't lose your PIP. Was your husband working when he lived with you? If not was he claiming carers allowance for looking after you? and what other benefits was he claiming? Do you own or rent your home?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.