Hi, my name is Pete01xx! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Pete01xx!

Pete01xx
Pete01xx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi i am confused and hoping someone can explain the complex rules of ESA, in January 2018 i submitted a claim for ESA i had been made redundant due to my ill health osteoarthritis in both knees and hips, and cough syncope (  blackout every time i cough badly , upto 30 times a day ) my partner works 28 hours a week i had the assessment and was put in the work based group, i appealed as there is no way i can work at the moment due to the blackouts this was denied, since the initial assessment/claim my health has worsened including severe depression and anxiety, and also the arthritis in now in my arms and i have now been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome i rand DWP to advise them of the additional medical conditions and was told i would have to submit a new claim form, i did this in august, i have since had the medical assessment ( a joke in itself i asked for a centre that is 1 mile from me and i was sent an appointment to Marylebone assessment centre i said i cant make it there due to blackouts, they insisted and said they will provide transport this then turned out to be a 3 hour journey there and 2 and a half hour journey back i was a complete wreck for about 2 weeks after this.
Anyway to cut to the chase i finally received a letter today saying that due to changes in my claim and recent assessment i am now in the support group and they have backdated my payments to the 18th of December, i rang to question them about the backdated payment (only 1 hours 13 minutes waiting in the queue )  and should it not be from when i informed them of the further conditions and was told no , i have worked out it was 16 weeks from when i sent the recorded delivery to them informing them of the change, completed forms and medical evidence to when they backdated my payments 

Many thanks 

Pete           

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.