Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can you have an esa home assessment?

Debs55Debs55 Member Posts: 18 Listener
I suffer from severe anxiety, depression and periods of agoraphobia. Can they do home assessments or paper based reviews. 

I attended their centre once and received no points. I had to appeal. This was overturened before having to attend court. 

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Debs55, I believe it is possibly to have a home assessment for ESA. This information is from the Citizens Advice ESA page:

If your illness or disability makes it difficult or impossible for you to travel to an assessment, you can ask for the assessment to be done at home instead. Tell the Health Assessment Advisory Service when they call – they’ll ask you to provide information from your doctor, or other medical professional, to explain why you can’t travel.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,987 Disability Gamechanger
    You can but you will need a far better reason than having scored nil points previously. You can ask for it as a reasonable adjustment  under EA 10. I’ve no idea why CA don’t tell people that on their web site.
Sign in or join us to comment.