Neurological conditions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Any suggestions regarding Restless Legs

fordfocus25fordfocus25 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in Neurological conditions
i have been diagnosed with restless leg for over 30 years but as ive got older medication that actually helped Sinimet C R tablets are becoming less affective , i take 5 tablets over 24 hours, which im told is a higher dose prescribed than i would be if i had Parkinsons , a nurologist my docter contacted suggested a drug holiday so i was weened off sinimet cr and introduced to Gabiphentem, after a few months i was then put back on sinimet while still taking gabiphentom , Sinimet cr  worked better for a few weeks but  now they are as bad as ever , i was recently  explaining to a pharmasist in a hospital and explained how bad my restless leg was affecting me and he told me it sounder a very severe cas and thought i should be refered to a specialist all my docter will do is confere with nurologist whom ive never spoken to and awaits on his sugestion ive tried so mant medications could anyone offer a sugestion pleas


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fordfocus25 Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing. I am one of the team of community champions who guide, inform, advise new members.

    Unfortunately we are not medical professionals and can not give medical advice.  Not allowed according to SCOPE rules.

    As we are not Doctors.  Is it worth changing your Doctor for a review of your treatment.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fordfocus25
    Im sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, we can't offer any advice on medications but it does sound as though you may benefit from being referred to a specialist - if your GP doesnt help, could you ask for a second opinion?
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.