Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Extremely petrified about going into 2019
Hello everyone I need help as I am feeling extremely scared about going into the new year 2019 because I am still thinking and worrying that the national service (compulsory military service) and the death penalty is going to be reintroduced or might actually come back for when Britain leaves the European Union and when some other countries in Europe like France are going to be bringing it back. Also I still think that 2019 will be a disasterous year for all of us. Also I want to be able to create a campaign about wanting conscription to be abolished in other countries as I have heard on Amnesty International that they are campaigning about a lot of things like for the death penalty to finally be abolished in other countries and that did make me feel quite happy and it gave me some hope.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.