Hi, my name is DCBM! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DCBM!

Options
DCBM
DCBM Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello. On here 1st time. Just had DWP 'Decision' letter from DWP after my 1st PIP Review following on from being moved on to PIP from DLA in 2016. In my 1st PIP assessment and F2F in 2016 my Enhanced rate for daily living needs was reduced to standard rate. I spent day's formulating a long letter for the 'Mandatory Reconsideration Notice' [MRN] challenging all the conclusion's from the F2F and DWP insisted on keeping it as it was - I was too exhausted and scared to go to Appeal even though I had been getting the Enhanced Rate under DLA for some 20 years. Have had year's of surgery, ICU, gall bladder removal, brain haemorrhage, and all sort's of treatment since Crohn's disease diagnoses in 1984.  Now, after sending me 6 PIP Assessment appointment letter's and insisting I have a further F2F only 3 weeks after the 1st F2F for this Review, they are doing the same and reducing the Enhanced Rate mobility to standard rate informing me they are stopping payments to my Motability provider and to expect a call from them. To top it all the gas man meter reader has just turned the gas off as he smelled gas, even though a couple of year's ago British Gas came to test it for the same reason and said there was nothing wrong with it!!! I only got this 'Decision' letteron the morning of my Son's 21st Birthday as well! A HAPPY 2019 TO YOU ALL :D

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.