PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Decision to go oral

sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
Anyone who is with fightback and attending pip appeal anyone know the cost of a lawyer there. Is pip oral OK not scary 

Replies

• lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I went to my appeal with my daughter it is nerve racking but it was not as bad as i thought. I was asked questions from a Dr and a Disability lady. It was fine the judge didnt have no questions. I was sent out for 25 mins and then when i went back in i had won my appeal got Enchanced on both. I only had standard care no mobility so i was over the moon. Its hard but just go in and try and explain as best you can your difficulties.
    Good Luck
  • sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Worst of life is health problems never a end to it. Dwp didn't read my Mr gave me nothing as a no. Appeal take time. I do get low pip mobility waiting to get enhanced I been on dla 22half years 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,537 Disability Gamechanger
    Your chances of success at an oral hearing are much higher than going any other route. Fightback do not, to the best of my knowledge, have any practising solicitors on their books. 

You should not have to pay for advice or representation for social security matters other than in very limited circumstances. 
  • lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
  • sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I ask my bf he a lawyer. Thank you. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,537 Disability Gamechanger
    A “lawyer” has limited meaning in English. As Wikipedia says 

“In England and Wales, "lawyer" is used to refer to persons who provide reserved and unreserved legal activities and includes practitioners such as barristersattorneyssolicitors, registered foreign lawyers, patent attorneys, trade mark attorneys, licensed conveyancers, public notaries, commissioners for oaths, immigration advisers and claims management services. The  Legal Services Act 2007 defines the "legal activities" that may only be performed by a person who is entitled to do so pursuant to the Act. 'Lawyer' is not a protected title.”

What you want to know is if he’s a practising solicitor. You can check that at https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/using-solicitor/find-solicitor.page
Sign in or join us to comment.