Leaving Uni and now looking for a job — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Leaving Uni and now looking for a job

carlaeevee
carlaeevee Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,

I have decided after spending 4 months at uni I am going to leave because I am really struggling financial wise and its really impacting my mental health negatively. I have Autism also which makes it hard in social situations at univieristy I struggle to understand briefs that are set / projects that are set and I am terrible with time management. My uni was suppose to me helping me but the support has been lacking. I was suppose to have a care coordinator with the local mental health team where my uni is based but they lacked at communication and I have only just been allocated a care coordinator which is awful that its taken them this long.

So, I have decided under the circumstances that it will be best for me to leave uni however because of my autism and Borderline Personality Disorder etc I find it hard to find jobs, I find it hard to go to interviews because of extreme anxiety. I am really in need of money because I don't have any at all which was at problem at uni because I couldn't provide myself food or supplies for my course as my loan didn't even cover my huge rent. Im looking to apply for benefits or some come but again I get nervous about the interviews that come with these, does anyone have any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carla

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.