Leaving Uni and now looking for a job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leaving Uni and now looking for a job

Options
carlaeevee
carlaeevee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,

I have decided after spending 4 months at uni I am going to leave because I am really struggling financial wise and its really impacting my mental health negatively. I have Autism also which makes it hard in social situations at univieristy I struggle to understand briefs that are set / projects that are set and I am terrible with time management. My uni was suppose to me helping me but the support has been lacking. I was suppose to have a care coordinator with the local mental health team where my uni is based but they lacked at communication and I have only just been allocated a care coordinator which is awful that its taken them this long.

So, I have decided under the circumstances that it will be best for me to leave uni however because of my autism and Borderline Personality Disorder etc I find it hard to find jobs, I find it hard to go to interviews because of extreme anxiety. I am really in need of money because I don't have any at all which was at problem at uni because I couldn't provide myself food or supplies for my course as my loan didn't even cover my huge rent. Im looking to apply for benefits or some come but again I get nervous about the interviews that come with these, does anyone have any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carla

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.