Sick of waiting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sick of waiting

Options
windys21
windys21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all. I am sure this is not a new thing to you, but I have asked for a home health assessment. I sent evidence (letter from g.p. asking for home visit on physical and mental health grounds. And I put in a discharge letter from a hospital dept. saying what they seen on x rays) in and they got it 24th December by registered post. They have changed my appointment twice befor then. When we rung to see if they had the letters, we got told no one had looked at them and they would send out a letter giving a date for going to one of their centres, but they would contact me by phone or letter between then and now to let me know what their decision is. If I did not hear out by the 13th Jan 19 (yesterday) I was to ring and ask what was going on.  So I did. It was 'You have changed the appointment twice so it cant be done again'Worlds . (No they had). No evidence asking for home visit was received. (Yes it was, they singed for it.) We will email your local centre now and see what they say and they will ring you mid morning and let you know whats happening, its now 10:40am and nothing. The appointments at 1:15pm!.
I feel I am getting stitched up here and no one has seen the evidence or request. Any advice quick please what to do. I hate the place. My hearts racing everytime I think of the place tears come. I got stitched up there years ago when I had an assessment a few months after my hubby died. I'm starting to panic, I just can't go there. Help me someone

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If the assessment is for today and you're unable to change this then you really must attend. If you don't attend then your file will be returned to DWP and you will be found fit for work for failing to attend and your money will stop. You'll then have to go through the MR process with reasons why you didn't attend.

Do you attend other appointment? A lot of the time they will say that if you can attend other appointments then you can attend the assessment centre.

I know it's extremely stressful but i really would hate for you to be found fit for work for failing to attend. Do you have someone that can go with you? There's really nothing more i can advise at this late stage. I really do hope you're able to get some answers from somewhere. Good luck!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • windys21
    windys21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I ended up ringing them at 11am because I had not heard anything. The lady I spoke to said they had jusy had a phone call saying they would do a home visit at a later date. So I have to wait for them now.  I just burst into tears. I can't cope with messing about and stress like this.
     Thank you for your reply. x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem. I glad to hear they finally agreed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.