Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
hi all, well after a long time from when I first rec’d my letter to apply for pip from forms getting lost in the post etc, I rec’d a phone call y’day from capita asking could I attend my assessment this wk at a centre, I stated no I could not I stated on my form for a home visit, due to my health the girl from the very start was extremely abrupt to me, she then said that they would then post me an apt out but cannot guarantee that this will be a home visit, she said I have 2 times of turning it down & then I would have my money stopped. I am seeing my doctor on Thursday would a doctors letter help, can someone advise me. I have never felt as stressed in all my life. Thankyou all.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.