Advise on getting a blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advise on getting a blue badge

ledrat9
ledrat9 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2019 in Transport and travel
Hello
I've recently won my PIP claim at tribunal and have been awarded 12 points for mobility.

Next battle will be for my blue badge. Any advise on what the appeals process entails as I'm anticipating a refusal on the first attempt.

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @ledrat9, congratulations ? on your win. I think with your blue badge if you have mobility on PIP you qualify. That's what a friend of mine was told but it all seems to be very different with each local authority. I had no issues getting blue badge and that was before I even applied for PIP who didn't award me mobility.
    Contact local authority that's best thing I can think of and keep us informed, goof luck. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    The people I know who have the higher rate of DLA or PIP all have blue badges, It was quite straight forward for them when claiming. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ledrat9
    You’re automatically eligible for a Blue Badge if you:
    • get the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
    • get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ area of your assessment - check your decision letter if you’re not sure
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're not automatically entitled then you'll need to look at your local council criteria as they're all different. An assessment will be needed and you'll need evidence to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.