Community query: help for my nan — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Community query: help for my nan

Pippa_Alumni
Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
From community member @*****:

My nan 83 she lives on her own. She lives in house with no central heating. No double  glazed windows. She now  got lung disease called CROP  areally bad now. Diebeatis does not help her aswell plus she has leukaemia , caterax but now she cant walk 5 or 6 steps and totally out of breath. This is happening all day now. Im in desperate need of electic wheelchair.

I cant even get to doctors most of the time as she 83 an done very well for her self considering she has had no help at all this need a  chair so badly  cant even get her out with ojt a wheelchair. We spend fourtens on cab back an forth to hospital. Iv jjst done application for disability to find out she to old to claim it. I needed to get a wheel chair funded.

I couldnt afford it. I even by second hand one to just get pay for a min  I need some help really with some adjustments at home or even some entitlement. Im in out all day plus live with my mum  I help her she has ms. my nephew alfie hes 3 years old got few problems him self one beenig cerebral palsy we sadly had to say good by to archy alfies little brother died at 2 weeks old from a really rare heart condition nothing at all they could of done . So we stiil  trying to get over it but you never do you just learn get on with it. I got dad just gettin over prospect cancer my son getting tested for metal health.

My name is faye and if any one has got a old wheelchair they wanna sell it or nos someone so I can go and  get one funded. Surely shes entitled to get this some help thank you faye

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.