Lost carer payments on UC — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lost carer payments on UC

CatsAndPussys63 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Iam on UC and was up until recently receiving the carers element of UC but they took it off me because I was given the higher disability element of UC and they said that I could non longer look after my 17 year old son who has cystic fibrocis. I couldn't understand This because I was still getting carers allowance and you also need to be able to look after someone for 35 hours a week  or more? I do find it very hard sometimes to do the things thatvi used to but he's my son and I will try my best even though I feel dreadful. Well now my carers allowance has suddenly stopped is it because they've stopped my carers element ? Can I get it back in my UC? Please help it will be much appreciated!



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.