Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Back to work after long period of unemployment
I am looking to gain employment after long term problems with my back. I have been out of work for the past 6 years. My mobility has improved with the help of a spinal cord stimulator and I really want to gain a part time job. I am worried that my disability and the fact that I am unable to sit for very long periods or stand for long periods, I am not able to life anything heavy. I worry that no one will give me a chance. I have a CV ready and have started to look at potential jobs but very apprehensive. Not sure really what I am asking here but just for any general advice.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.7K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 965 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.