My Husband becoming my carer — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

My Husband becoming my carer

madjacq Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi peoples,
Does anyone know how much we would be able to get if my husband gives up work to care for me please?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,349 Disability Gamechanger

    For your husband to be able to claim carers allowance then you must be claiming either one of these benefits. PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or attendance allowance. If you don't claim any of those then he won't be able to claim carers allowance.

    For any other benefits advice then it's impossible to advise with no information. I'd advise you to make an appointment with your local advice agency for a full benefits check because it's impossible to give this sort of advice on an internet forum.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.