Adele lynn — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adele lynn

freddyboy66
freddyboy66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
 Hi Would I be entitled to a mobility car or blue badge I am on pip I got quite a few points for mobility thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A few points for mobility will not entitle you to a mobility car. You need to score at least 12 points and be awarded Enhanced mobility.

To automatically be entitled to a blue badge you need to have scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of mobility. If you didn't score this then you need to look at your local councils criteria for the blue badge because all council are different. A face to face assessment will be needed and you'll need evidence to support your claim.
    https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    How come people recon they have a blue badge and they can walk?
    If they need 12 points as you say for mobility just puzzled
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't have to be unable to walk to have a blue badge. Those that are blind, have severe disability in both arms, children under 3 that need medical equipment, are all reasons why people can claim a blue badge.

You also don't need 12 points on mobility to receive a blue badge.

Not everyone that has a mobility car is unable to walk at all. 12 points can be scored on following and planning a journey and that's nothing to do with walking. If you scored this on the mobility part you're entitled to the mobility car too.

Please don't judge a book by it's cover because not all disabilities are visible.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.