pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


joannekennedy Member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi, Looking for some advice. I put in a claim for pip just under a year ago. I was refused so appealed. Had my tribunal and have just received my letter saying they agreed with them. Not sure what to do now, I have my doctor telling me I’m not fit for work and not to give up as she’s saying I should be entitled to something. I had Gillian Barrie nearly 5 years ago which I never recovered from and has left me with Cfs and constant pain in my legs. Any help would be great as to what I can do next


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,451 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP isn't about being unfit for work, people claim PIP and work. It's about your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

    As the decision didn't go in your favour you should request the Statement of reasons and record of proceedings and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.

    Once you have those you need to get face to face advice, for someone to look at these to try to find the error in law. If no error in law is found then you won't be able to take this claim any further.

    You could possibly start a new claim but using the same evidence you previously used could see you being refused again. Face to face advice is needed for this also.

    Contact a local advice centre near you once you receive the SOR and ROP.
  • joannekennedy
    joannekennedy Member Posts: 12 Listener


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.