Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Struggling to find a job
I have Autism Spectrum Disorder and anxiety so I struggle with interviews - eye contact, new people/places, being able to talk about myself to "sell my skills" and ask employer questions. I have done some work experience in restaurants, childcare and retail before but struggled with the changes in routine and heightened sensory input. I'm unsure how to get further forward as I'm unsure what type of work would be good for me and how to get the job if I can't get past interview.
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 662 Work and employment
- 529 Education
- 972 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 928 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 250 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 590 Chronic pain and pain management
- 651 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 849 Mental health and wellbeing
- 288 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.